As we near the end of our 2021 Quarter 2 it is nice to reflect a little on the beginning, and the relocation of ‘Life Night’ to the first Monday of Quarter 2.
After the games, out on the Lyneham fields, players moved into Pick-up-Sticks for short social evening: a couple of drinks; some nibbles; some draws (lucky door!) and some find-a-ball. This small array of events designed to entertain and to also support a chosen charity.
At Thursday June 24’th HHhockey, Leo made a short ‘at-the-bar’ speech in handing over a cheque to Mr Greg McRoberts, ACT President – ACT & Region Prostate Cancer Support Group, in support of research into the management and treatment of prostate cancer. And now a note of appreciation with respect to our club’s donation, which is appended, has been received from Cancer Council ACT.
Your ACT Masters Hockey Newsletter (February 2021): ScreechMar_2021
This is already posted to the HACT website so all ACT Master’s players effected have visibility.
Good evening all,
The attached Memo provides an update from the Hockey Australia Masters on the recent Hockey Australia (HA) Travel Suspension affecting all international teams. This travel ban will impact the upcoming Masters World Cup events and the planned involvement of a number of ACT Masters players and officials.
Hockey Australia Masters are again seeking expressions of interest for Technical and Umpiring panels, including HA appointed and volunteer positions at our 2020 Men’s & Women’s National Masters Championships. EOI’s will close on Monday 13 January 2020.
Masters National Championships dates:
- Men’s Masters Over 45s-75s, Gold Coast 27 June – 12 July (Officials may volunteer for full event or first week/second week)
- Women’s Masters Over 34s – 65s, Cairns 1 – 11 July
- Men’s Masters Over 34s & 40s, Gold Coast 1 – 10 October
In 2020, Hockey Australia will again provide:
- 1x Officials Shirt (1x per person, not per event)
- Umpiring Shirts – Green & Pink (for those who haven’t been issued them previously)
- $10 Voucher each day to be used for lunch or dinner at onsite vendors
- Light refreshments/snacks daily
- Coaching / Mentoring & Feedback
- Potential for HockeyEd Practical Assessments
- Some Laughs (possibly)
Umpires and Technical Officials who are interested, should click on the links below to express their interest:
Masters Hockey National Hockey Championships
The Australian Masters Hockey Championships scheduled to be held in June and July will now be postponed to a later date. HA will work with the HA Masters Committee and stakeholders to identify a suitable option for these matches to be played.